What Does consignment mean?
Consignment is the act of someone placing an object in the hand of another but retaining ownership of the object until the goods are sold, at which time a portion of the funds are transferred to the owner.
What is a consignment fee?
This is the fee we charge as a percentage of the selling price. Our fee is currently 25% percent.
are there any other fees other than consignment?
No. The consignment fee covers the cost of storage, processing and administrative fees.
Why should I consign my wedding dress?
There are a number of reasons why selling your gown makes sense.
- It may be taking up too much space in your new “shared” closet.
- You may want someone else, who may not be able to afford a new one, to enjoy it.
- Your dress is too pretty not to be worn again.
- After all your wedding expenses, a little cash would come in handy.
- Lets be honest, no matter how beautiful your gown, your daughter won’t want to wear it in the year twenty five years from now!
what if my dress doesn't sell?
We require that you allow us at least 180 days to try and sell your dress, as we work hard to market and sell each dress and that includes professional photos. After the 180-day period, we will contact you to discuss reducing the prices or returning the dress back to you.
Do you only sell on on consignment
Yes. All of our dresses are sold on consignment. We do not buy dresses directly from clients. We only facilitate the sale between buyers and sellers.
WHEN DO I GET PAID?
Payment will be issued, via cheque, on the 8th day after your dress has sold and the buyer return period has expired.
Why should i sell my dress with flip this dress inc.
Selling your dress with us is a 'no brainer'.
- We have one of the lowest commission fees around
- You don’t spend time answering email inquiries and questions
- Your gown is showcased in a beautiful environment and posted online
- Your gown gets TLC from qualified bridal consultants
- No need to meet strangers in parking lots or meeting them in your home.
- We sell in a store location which can justify a higher selling price which means more money for you.
- We have trained seamstresses on site to give potential buyers quotes, on the spot, with regards to alterations thereby speeding the decision-making process. We can customize the dresses and help 'sell' them much better than just leaving them on a rack as is.